Celsian require qualified and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA) to provide high level support to pupils in SEND schools across West Yorkshire - for both day to day and long-term assignments.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of Literacy and Numeracy (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent);
- Have a HTLA qualification and meet HTLA standards, or have equivalent experience;
- Have training in the Literacy and Numeracy strategy;
- Have specialist skills e.g.: ICT, bi-lingual.
You will need to support pupils' progress and promote high levels of achievement.
You will be expected to:
- Contribute to the drive to raise standards of pupils attainment, achievement and behaviour for learning ;
- Work collaboratively with the Class Teacher. (You should also be able to work collaboratively with other members of staff across the school).
Experience in SEN settings are advantageous but not essential.
To apply for this role, please contact Celsian Education - Leeds - and ask for Adam Proud.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79098159