SEN Teaching Assistant - FE and Sixth Form College - Hackney
We are working with a College in East London, with a 'Good' Ofsted, who are currently looking to recruit a Learning Support/ teaching assistant. This will be working under the instructions of the Inclusion & Learning Support Curriculum Manager, assisting pupils of all abilities, aged 14-19+ including adult learners in Sixth Form and Higher Education.
The role would involve working as an LSA in the Inclusion & Learning Support department identifying needs and providing effective support to students to develop their language, literacy and numeracy skills on college programmes, and the candidate will:
- be involved in the Initial and Diagnostic process to inform judgements regarding support plans.
- support individuals and groups of students in class, out of class and in the Study Skills Centre.
- support of students with Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA) / Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and/or identified Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LDD) needs.
- work as a communication link between the curriculum team and the I&LS Curriculum Manager.
- perform administrative and pastoral duties associated with supporting students' needs.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with specific students, some of whom have learning difficulties and challenging behaviour, assisting them with their class work. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on curriculum and also assisting students with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teacher training program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in education.
The school is near an overground station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school/college or other transferable education-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.*** Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay ***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79035499