Student Services Assistant (Part Time)
Student Services Assistant
Location: ACL Brentwood
Contract: Fixed Term contract, 6 months - 1 year maternity cover
Hours: Part time, 25 hours per week
Interviews are likely to take place on the week commencing 19th February 2018.
The Student Services Assistant is responsible for the delivery of a good customer service and is critical in the provision of front of house duties which include taking enrolments and ensuring students are provided with every opportunity to achieve their aspirations. The role will tackle local issues and concerns as they arise on a day to day basis escalating as appropriate. This role will be flexible and responsive to meet changing service priorities
The purpose of this role is to ensure a high performing service for all customers, meeting the agreed service standards and priorities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
* To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
* Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
* Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
Role Specific Accountability
* To positively promote service activities by efficiently handling customer enquiries and providing information and advice; face to face, electronically, by phone or representation at events and in performing reception duties including, welcoming visitors and meeting expectations as outlined by service quality standards.
* Timely and accurate processing of enrolments and registrations in accordance with informed guidance and systems of control.
* To accurately record, monitor and track data onto TERMS as specified for meeting requirements and timescales. To adhere to quality assurance processes in accordance with the policies of the service.
* To be responsible for the monitoring/recording/tracking and/or collection of all relevant documentary evidence, managed with informed guidance/regulations required for audit purposes.
* To undertake all customer support tasks and provide support for staff as appropriate. To adhere to procedures and regulations regarding the collections, receipting and security standards of monies and payment systems, assisting in the effective processing of income and expenditure.
* To organise centre accommodation, taking into account the specific needs of individual groups.
* To operate within MATRIX standard
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good standard of English and Maths (level 2 or above)
- NVQ level 2 in business administration or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with a team and managing support functions
- Ability to plan and organise own workload, taking responsibility for the delivery of tasks to a timeframe
- Good working knowledge of IT and in particular Microsoft packages including Word, excel and Outlook and have an ability to input data accurately.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and guidance
- Willingness to learn new skills and contribute to the development and use of new systems
- Exemplar communication skills to ensure engagement with adults to provide information and guidance
- Flexible and responsive to change, with experience in working in a customer focused environment
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm.
- Proven knowledge of motivation skills to encourage participation and engagement ideally with Adult learners.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79097342