Plumbing Apprenticeship - Camden
You will need to be a resident of Barnet to be eligible for this particular role.
As a Plumbing apprentice, you’ll learn about the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems and components. You be working under minimal supervision to complete the installation and maintenance of domestic hot water, cold water, sanitation, drainage, and rainwater systems.
Your job could include the installation, maintenance, commissioning and servicing of domestic plumbing and heating systems and equipment, including:
- Showers, baths and sinks
- Drainage pipes, plastic and copper water pipes and guttering
- Heating systems fueled by gas, solar thermal, heat pumps, oil and coal
Other tasks that you may be asked to carry out include:
- Detecting leaks
- Solving dimensional problems with applied maths skills
- Making adjustments to surrounding environment to accommodate new systems
- Clearing away debris
- Cleaning and maintaining tools
You will work on site for four days per week and attend college for one day a week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.Person Specification
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Ability and awareness of working safely
- Desire to learn
- Has strong self-awareness
- Is both resilient and committed
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
On completion of NVQ L2 in plumbing you will gain your blue trade specific CSCS card which enables you to work as a qualified plumber. Alternatively, you may want to continue on to an Advanced Level Apprenticeship, where on completion you will be able to enter the profession at a higher level. For example you will able to complete and oversee work to install, service, maintain and commission:
- domestic hot water, cold water, central heating and sanitation systems
- domestic plumbing and heating systems, components and gas-fired warm air appliances
- domestic plumbing and heating systems, components and gas-fired water and central heating appliances
As a plumber, you could find yourself working in many different places – from construction sites to residential homes. Job prospects are good, with plenty of scope for self-employment.Key Training/College Information
K10 will enrol and fund your qualifications through a SFA funded training provider.Qualifications required
Good written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of listening and following both simple and complex instructions.
- At least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths. (GCSE’s valid within last 5 years)
- Entry Level 3 for ICT
The passion and commitment to become a fully qualified plumber. It will be advantageous if you already have a City & Guilds L1 or 2 in plumbing and/or have previous related work experience, CSCS and or PASMA.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79130468