Apprentice LGV Driver
Love Driving? Want to accelerate your career with an opportunity to increase earnings?
Look no further as our clients are offering the opportunity to become a fully trained LGV Class C driver.
We have a number of clients who have positions based around the Essex, Kent & Surrey M25 area and willing to provide the necessary training to and development to peruse a career as an LGV driver.
You will be undertaking a level 2 apprenticeship for 14 months where you will train to become as Class C LGV driver. The first 12-24 weeks of the role will provide the training and driving experience for you to undertake your Class C licence; you will be working within the warehouse and providing support as a drivers mate. You will learn all aspects of the role from start to finish, such as handling goods, first class customer service, organisation skills and driver safety. The role does require some longer hours than usual due to the aspect of the role but you will be rewarded financially as you complete certain aspects of the apprenticeship. There are opportunities at the end of the apprenticeship to apply for a Category C&E licence.
This is an excellent opportunity to excel your career, future prospects and income
Roles & Responsibilities
- ·Undertake pre-shift inspection (vehicle check) of vehicles
- ·Full compliance with the drivers' hours, tachographs and road traffic regulations
- ·Driving style - damage free and economical
- ·Making deliveries in a timely manner and phoning transport office with any delivery discrepancies or delays
- ·Deliver goods to the customers "point of need"
- ·Provide excellent customer service and conflict resolution where necessary
- ·Be an ambassador of the company
- ·Report any customer service issues to transport office or customer service department while delivering
- ·Undertake minor vehicle service activity such as cleaning and refuelling of both vehicle and refrigerated unit and minor repairs such as the replacement of bulbs
- ·Maintenance of a clean vehicle both internally and externally
- ·Delivery and collection of vehicles as required to rental suppliers including any due inspections
- ·Inspection of hire vehicles pre and post rental
- ·Actively participate in a daily debrief process, working with your supervisor to identify safety, service and operational improvements as and when they arise
Skills & Requirements
- Valid UK driving licence held for 4 years + (Max points 3)
- No driving offences issued in the last five years
- GCSE grade E and above
- Will need to undertake a medical test so must be fit & healthy
- Willing to travel
- Strong communication skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79130401