Temporary SEN Teaching Assistants
I am currently looking for both full time and part time teaching assistants within special education need schools.
You would need to have been working within a similar setting for a minimum of 6 months alongside a recognised qualification to be considered for this role.
You would be working with children that have a wide range of severe learning, physical or behavioural difficulties. Depend upon the needs of each child day to day duties would vary however would typically involve;
- Supporting schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning resources
- Encouraging children's confidence, self esteem and independence
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re phrasing or demonstrating
- Putting into practise individual education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes
- Encouraging children to communicate with one another and staff
- Providing feedback and assisting teachers
- Supporting children in social activities and on outings
- Assisting children during therapy sessions
- Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance
- Attending to pupils physical needs
- Completing records
Hours of work would be within school times give and take any extra curriculm activity before or after and pay rate would be between £8.50 - £9.50 per hour.
If you are out of work or working on an ad hoc basis and would like a new adventure please apply online today with an updated copy of your CV or give one of our consultants Emma or Sasha a call on 0121 633 3123.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79038909