Graduate Academic Mentor- History/Geography/RS
Are you a recent graduate, who would love to spend the full academic year as an Academic Mentor supporting learners to achieve their full potential?
Would you be keen to find a role in a progressive Secondary with a new and highly ambitious leadership team?
Perhaps you hold a degree in a core subject and would love to excite and engage young people to promote a love for learning and achievement?
This Graduate Academic Mentor role is perfect for a recent high achieving graduate, before they go on to pursue a PGCE or other teacher training pathway. Why not experience working with children and/or young people in a school based role for the rest of the academic year before applying?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Core Subject Academic Mentor
- Working with a range of students from KS3-4 in your subject specialism
- Full classroom support as and when needed to support the delivery of the curriculum
- Working towards raising standards of achievement
- Organise and deliver your own intervention classes
- Observe outstanding teaching to give you a better insight into the world of teaching
- Assist with lesson planning
- Paid up to £300 per week
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday hours
- Core Subject graduates, minimum 2:1, preferably from a Russell Group University
- You will need to be versatile, adaptable and enthusiastic graduate to work in the, with a drive to work in education
- Candidates will require initiative, excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of your subject
- You will be willing to be proactive about their own learning and development to have maximum impact within school
- The ideal graduate will be diligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to get stuck in and hit the ground running
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- Mentoring programme that is specifically designed to help high achieving graduates build paid experience prior to starting teacher training
- You will have access to an experienced and knowledgeable mentor, who will guide you through your training and development at the school.
- Perfect PGCE preparation - opportunity to progress onto School Direct programme
- Perfect location - benefits from great transport links
If you would love to join this ambitious team in this high achieving Secondary, then send your CV to Emma at i-teachers to be considered for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78952085