Mental Health Teaching Assistant
We are working with a leading secondary school in Lambeth who are currently looking to recruit a graduate teaching assistant to start ASAP. This is a full time post, working hours will be 8.15am - 4.15pm.
This secondary school is highly-regarded in the borough, and was recently built with impressive facilities. There are statemented pupils in each year group, who are supported by enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff who make full use of the school's well-equipped facilities, allowing them to give students the appropriate level of support to enable them to succeed academically and socially.
The selected candidate will be supporting a Y11 student who has Mental Health difficulties. You will assist him in all lessons, offering academic support and building of confidence and social skills. Other responsibilities may include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting students with their work, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This position would suit candidates who have aspirations of becoming a teacher as the school can offer schools direct training.
The school is near a mainline train station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Degree from a leading university
- Previous support work within a school or unit
- Experience supporting students with Mental Health difficulties
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78991983