Functional Skills Tutor (English / Maths / ICT)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Functional Skills Tutor (English / Maths / ICT) in Blackpool.
Relentless in pursuit of excellence, uncompromising in quality and totally focused on the learner, our client is embarking on a journey to be the most admired, trusted and valued business in apprenticeship management and delivery. Backed by a 23 year heritage, underpinned by values of courage, do the right thing, one team and work smart. Proud to have shaped and now delivering the UK Governments largest Apprenticeship Programme – they’re looking to talented people like you to be part of their journey.
The Role of Functional Skills Tutor
Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding, innovative teaching in Maths and English? We are looking for experienced tutors to be responsible for creating a bespoke meaningful learning journey for apprentices undertaking functional skills. Effectively managing learners’ individual learning plans and ensuring learners achieve their highest potential. The role is to support a regional team with Functional Skills delivery and ensuring first time pass rate of apprentices meets / exceeds the business objectives.
Key Accountabilities as Functional Skills Tutor
• Deliver classroom and remote (via skype, webinar packages) teaching of functional skills English and Maths at Entry to Level 2.
• Utilise every opportunity to support the learner them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
• Design and deliver effective programmes within the standards of accredited qualifications ensuring that this involves an innovative and interesting approach to engage learners.
• Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved training materials, promoting standardisation and working with the English and Maths specialists to deliver meaningful programmes.
• Facilitate and manage the effective teaching and assessment of a caseload of learners to ensure timely achievement in line with the candidates Individual Learning Plan (ILP), SMART targets and succession planning for progression opportunities meeting Awarding Body standards and contractual performance targets.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• English and Maths qualification at level 3 or above
• PGCE or alternative teaching qualification at level 4 or above
• A1, TAQA award
• Invigilating examination
• Working with young people and adults with a range of learning needs and abilities
• Teaching English and Maths qualifications
For the role of Functional Skills Tutor there is a salary on offer of £25,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Functional skills, training, teacher, ofsted, Programme, tutor, learning, teaching, PGCE, A1, TAQA,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78651084