This is an exciting time to join us as a Technical Modeller. We are at the forefront of the Industry in developing sophisticated technical models to reduce cost, improve customer experience and make complex Network investment decisions. Working with us you will encounter new network technologies, gain a broader technical skillset and work alongside highly motivated colleagues with diverse skills from engineering to economics and statistics.
In this role you will help to develop complex software applications that allow us to forecast Capital spending of over 200M Euro per annum. This will involve taking requirements from customers, turning that into code and the resulting applications being used by customers to plan the detailed growth of our European infrastructure.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of high quality technical models that enable accurate forecasting and analysis of European infrastructure upgrade plans and options in terms of what/where/when/how much
- Ensures all models conform to agreed development standards and Engineering policies
- Drives innovation and exploitation of modelling benefits across the Network Business Planning function
- Engages across multiple functions, both business and technical, to ensure models and associated service consistently match needs and expectations
- Collaborates with other analytical teams across Liberty Global to ensure consistent methodologies are used in modelling activities
Essentially we are looking for someone with strong C#, SQL and .NET knowledge, an understanding of Agile, excellent analytical skills and an ability to liaise with stakeholders and turn non-technical speak into technical requirements and working software.
- Must have experience of OOP, C# .NET, Visual Studio 2005 / .Net Framework 2.0 or later, SQL
- Experience of the following would be an advantage: Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint, ADO .NET, ASP .NET, MVC, CSS, HTML, SSRS, VBA, Memory / performance profiling tools, Code repository tools
- Experience of full product life cycle (from design & development through to implementation)
- Ability to perform complex data analysis with a proven track record in problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and to acquire insights/inputs from personnel across a diverse range of departments
- Ability to use own initiative and to work effectively when unsupervised
Experience of the following would be an advantage
- Technical model development within a Large Commercial Organisation
- What-if scenario analysis, statistics, or Infrastructure Capex Planning
- Development in Telecoms or networking environment
- An understanding of Data, Broadband and Voice products & services and the associated infrastructure/systems, would be an advantage
What we’re offering! Technology is a key part of what we do, and our innovation keeps us at the front of the industry while providing you experience on the latest technology, large scale infrastructure and provides unrivalled career development opportunities. We’re looking for passionate people, the innovators, and real talent to be a part of our journey.
On-top of being part of our exciting growth plans, and a great, active work environment; we offer a great benefits package, competitive pay and bonus, private healthcare, good pension scheme, big Virgin Media discounts, a Virgin Tribe card and 25 days holiday plus your birthday off.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you please feel free to apply!