Regional Director - (ideally based Bristol, Reading Oxford, patch)
My client is a rapidly growing education contract caterer who are expanding their business into other areas such as B&I. In the last 18months they have gone from 80 sites to around 250, with them winning and retaining the majority of contracts they pitch for.
They are looking to continue this growth and bring in operators to progress through their business, which boasts a family owned culture with a great deal of autonomy on all managers in the business.
As a Regional Director you will be in charge of 55% of the company sites, with 4 Operations Managers and 4 Area Managers underneath this position and a turnover of around 12million.
The role responsibilities will involve the following:
- Collaborating with the sales team to ensure the right bids and strategy are delivered to clients and presented in the most accurate way possible
- Recruitment, development, coaching and training staff to improve quality of service on sites as and where necessary
- Presenting to the board regarding regional performance as well as having an input on business strategy.
- Delivering the strategy message to the Region, ensuring the message is clear and expectation is set, with goals to achieve standards set.
- Ensuring 1 on 1 meetings with Operations Managers are done weekly
- Mobilise new contracts
- Managing key accounts or high priority sites, including client relationships
- Attending client meetings to assist with building relationships or problem solving/escalation
- Renegotiate contracts where necessary
- Plan and deliver regional strategy to grow the business
Because of business growth this role has the ability to move into a more senior position down the line.
In order to be eligible for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- Previous Regional Director experience, this is not a role for someone looking to take a step up.
- Managed at least 3 Area Managers before
- Pragmatic and able to problem solve, autonomous and able to make strategic decisions without need constant hands on support for the Operations Director
- Inspirational leader with gravitas, able to wins hearts and minds so the business vision is delivered
- Adaptable; you will be dealing with multi unit managers with various experience levels as well as a variety of client cultures.
55k + car South