Learning Support Assistant (Post 16)
Due to the success and current expansion of Coxlease School, the school are seeking to recruit 3 learning support assistants for their Post 16 centres. Coxlease School, based in the heart of the new forest is an ‘Outstanding’ school which caters for pupils with Emotional, Social and Mental Health needs (ESMH), and who can present with significantly challenging behaviours.
The roles will be based either at the Vocational Centre in Totton or the Skills centre in New Milton and will include support in local college provisions. The role will involve elements of lone working and travelling between sites, so a driving licence is essential.
The role will include:
- Academic support for learners including the support and implementation of Literacy and Numeracy curriculum;
- Support for learners accessing external providers (local college provisions);
- Work and support in vocational activities including Construction (Totton), catering and Hospitality (New Milton) and Hair and beauty (New Milton);
The school is looking for someone that:
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has excellent literacy and Numeracy skills;
- Is resilient to the challenges of working with pupils with SEN;
- Has a good sense of humour;
In return we will offer you:
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 5 years.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
If you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78800989