SEN Teaching Assistant
The role will include working with the child to support them in the following ways:
- Develop both their understanding and use of their language and support their development of a functional communication system.
- Develop their mobility and coordination
- Support the child in engaging with other children confidently.
- Develop their literacy and numeracy skills so they are commensurate with his ability range.
- Develop the child’s level of self-help skill and independence, within the scope of his health and medical needs.
- Contribute to and take a lead role in the provision of a physically safe, accessible and supportive educational environment in which the child’s physical needs are supported.
- Support through lunch hour
This is a great opportunity to work in a school with a welcoming team who are dedicated to:
- Providing an exciting and enriched curriculum
- Raising standards in teaching and learning
- Enabling all of our children to achieve their full potential
You must hold an NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or be working towards it, have strong behaviour management skills and be able to use ICT to support learning. You must also hold a Level 1 qualification in Maths and English. Experience of SEN & Makaton would be desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78648910