Robert Half is pleased to be recruiting for a Divisional Finance Manager for a leading West Midlands business on a permanent basis. The role reports into the Head of Finance and is based in the City of Birmingham.
- To lead the team responsible for financial business partnering services to the business divisions.
- Provide specialist finance input and decision support as well as ad hoc business and/or operational projects
- The role will also primarily oversee the work of the contracts bids team
- Build strong relationships with the business divisions in providing a highly professional business partnering, decision support and critical friend service
- Oversee and manage robust and effective accounting & financial transaction processes relevant to the business divisions
- Oversee and manage efficient, accurate and timely production of value add management information for both finance and non-finance stakeholders, thereafter supporting and driving the divisions to taking appropriate decisions / actions as necessary (incl management of outstanding debts)
- Actively seek out and drive a process of continuous improvement within the team and across wider Finance, and take responsibility for the implementation of consistent and effective financial processes and controls
- Oversee and manage efficient, accurate and timely budgeting and quarterly forecasting Ensure forecast trends are appropriately reported and disseminated in order to underpin effective and timely decision making by the business
- Ensure any business changes or projects planned or being undertaken by the divisions are fully supported by Finance and have Finance input
- Support Head of Finance in coordinating and adapting other finance teams, particularly transactional and credit teams, in providing the best possible service to the divisions. Conversely, support the Head of Finance in driving sound financial management and compliance by the divisions.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA graduate calibre finance professional, with 5 years PQE
- Excellent report writing, Excel and data manipulation skills
- Excellent commercial awareness i.e. understand impact of decisions on finances
- Ability to explain complex issues simply to stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, inquisitive and proactive in setting own work agenda, and prioritising accordingly
- Project Management
If this role is of interest, please apply now with a recent version of your CV.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79138556