Pupil Referral Unit - Autism & Behaviour Teaching Assistant
Veritas Education are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in East London. They are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to start ASAP. The role runs until July 2018 but may become permanent for the right candidate.
The school caters for secondary and college aged students with challenging behaviour, EBD and autism. It was rated as 'Good' by Ofsted, with 'Outstanding' aspects, and is very well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress into college or further work-related learning.
The school is within walking distance to an overground station and tube station, and is on several bus routes.
You will be expected to work within a small class with a maximum of 7 students. There is a minimum of 1 Teacher and 1 Teaching Assistant to each class, enabling all pupils to receive the right amount of care and support. Responsibilities include: managing pupils behaviour, ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.*** Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay ***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78745255