As an integral part of the B&M team, the Trainee Merchandiser's role contributes to all aspects of the product lifecycles, from launch to the effective management and clearing of stock out of the business. Whilst supporting the B&M team.
My client is a designer, importer and wholesaler of one of the largest and most diverse collections of interior design accessories, homewares, giftware, lighting, furniture and wall décor across Europe.
As an integral part of the B&M team, the Trainee Merchandiser's role contributes to all aspects of product lifecycle, from initial launch to the effective management and clearing of stock. Whilst also providing support to other B&M team members. You will be in discussion with suppliers, assisting with supply chain matters. You will also drive reporting and analysis to help the department review product and business performance, looking at product and category, sales enabling other member of the B&M team to assess and understand the relative performance of products.
- Maintaining delivery dates on the system, so they are accurately reported to the business and colleagues
- To be responsible for building / running weekly trade reports
- To maintain stock availability status codes, reviewing them on a weekly basis to ensure stock availability is accurately reported to the business and colleagues
- To be responsible for maintaining Price Lists
- In conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser to review sales and stock levels to be able to anticipate any stock availability issues and to amend its buying and forecasts in response to changing demand
- As appropriate, to assist in planning / forecasting repeat orders in line with the Open to Buy to maintain stock availability, ensuring the Company stays above its agreed target percentage on all "Active Lines"
- In conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser, to limit and reduce stock holding where possible. Where items are under performing to ensure remaining stock and additions to "Clearance" are minimised
- Action any agreed Promotional and Clearance changes
- To maintain an on-going awareness of the product critical path for Product and also for other activities impacting the Buying and Merchandising department
- To support the Territory Management team, providing information on product delivery and launch
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of the merchandising function within a retail or wholesale environment.
up to £25,000 plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78688849