SEN Assistant in Bedford
Veritas Education have teamed up with a charity based in the Bedfordshire area (Bedford and Luton) who require SEN teaching assistants for children who are no longer in school and provide them educational experiences outside of the classroom. The charity work with over 1500 individual children in the specified area.
The children you are required to work with range from autism to learning difficulties and have behaviour tendencies. Some will also have physical difficulties which you will need to be open to provide personal care to those individual children. The children are ages between 7 and 21.
The charity work within the term time only and are offering short term and long term bookings. You will be working with individual children alongside another adult from the charity (2:1).
Requirements and skills:
- SEN/LSA Experience
- Open to accept daily bookings and short term bookings
- Have other child related experience
- Be compassionate and able to work with children with mild to severe needs.
- Able to work as a team with another adult, supporting the child.
- Able to drive
All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full registration interview with Veritas Education in Luton to ensure safeguarding.
If you are interested in these roles, please follow the process and submit your CV, or alternatively contact Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education on 0203 026 6150
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78920232