Experienced Learning support Assistant
** KINGSTON **
*** start after Christmas ***
Veritas are working with a secondary boys school based in Kingston. The school has a very good reputation locally and catalogues a range of high achievement by pupils and staff. The school caters for ages 11-16 and they are looking for a Learning support Assistant to join their dynamic and thriving school.
- Supporting students with a range of SEN (SEBD, LD, communication difficulties and sensory/ physical impairment.
- Behaviour management
- Work with small groups and on a 1:1 basis with children that need extra support to raise literacy and numeracy standards
- Keep records of progress and liaise with senior staff and parents
- Assist in the movement and personal care of students with physical impairments if necessary
Skills and experience:
- Experience with secondary aged students/ SEN
- Qualifications in MATHS and ENGLISH
- Work well with small groups and 1:1
- Professional and friendly approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78633734