Learning Support Worker
Learning Support Worker
£14,000 - £16,000
Permanent & Full Time OR Permanent & Term Time
Learning Support Worker work under specific supervision and guidance from the Education and Therapy teams, to support the teaching and learning activities of learners both in the College and/or School and out in the community. Our learners have a range of complex needs and learning difficulties. Our aim is to promote the inclusion of all learners ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to become as independent as possible. Functional literacy and numeracy are essential life skills for all our learners and we have an explicit expectation that all staff in learner facing roles will actively promote these skills.
The role of Learning Support Worker is important in ensuring that the School and College meet the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all Learners. The college aims to work on a ‘team approach’ but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post.
Learner Support Worker shall have due regard to the following best practice requirements;
- having regard to and observing all matters relating to the college policies and procedures;
- having regard to, and observing all matters relating to the the college supporting behaviour policy and, as an essential part of your work, demonstrate respect, and ensure dignity of the individual learners; promoting self-esteem, positive self-image and potential achievements;
- Undertaking such duties as may be deemed appropriate by Line Manager;
- be part of the organisation’s supervision and annual performance review programme;
- Maintain clear regular (weekly) communication with relevant colleagues.
- having regard to and observing all matters relating to the school/college’s health and safety policy on the organisation’s premises and when accompanying learners off site or in the community.
- having regard to and observing all matters relating to the organisation’s behavioural/support policy and, as an essential part of your work, promote self-esteem and maximum independence in all our learners;
- undertaking such duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Director of Education/Director of Integrated Services;
- be part of the college’s appraisal/supervision programme;
- be responsible to your line manager for the quality of your performance in this post
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78653523