Graduate teaching assistant
Role: Secondary school - Teaching assistant
Start date: 4th January 2018
Rate of pay: £60-75 per day
Veritas are working a co-ed secondary school with academy status. The school is based in Hounslow and is rated 'outstanding'. This school is very well run, staff and students are very well supported, behaviour is also generally very good.
The academy are looking for an enthusiastic teaching assistant to join them in September that will continue the high standard of support provided for the students. The teaching assistant will be supporting lower ability children and some SEN (ASD, dyslexia etc) through the KS3 and KS4 curriculum. The ideal candidate will have experience working with young people/ SEN.
- Supporting students with a range of SEN
- Behaviour management
- Work with small groups and on a 1:1 basis with children that need extra support to raise literacy and numeracy standards
- Keep records of progress and liaise with senior staff and parents
Skills and experience:
- Experience with secondary aged students/ SEN
- Hold a Degree qualification from a leading university
- Work well with small groups and 1:1
- Professional and friendly approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78587967