Bricklaying Apprenticeship - Tower Hamlets
The successful applicant will work alongside and be supervised by our on-site team, learning all aspects of the building and trowel trade. Work will mostly take place on site, outdoors.We cover new builds as well as extensions and house and garden maintenance. The candidate will start with the basics and as they pick up skills and learn more, will be given work experience to build on this.Duties will include:- Labouring- Bricklaying- Concreting- Roofing- Rendering- Plastering
What jobs must an apprentice do to pass the NVQ?
- Set out brick and blockwork to include corners and openings
- Erect cavity wall with opening
- Erect blockwork with opening
- Erect solid wall with opening
An apprentice must only do one of these
Erect brick and block and/or local material cladding, including the formation of door and window openings and joint finishes, to contractor's working instructions to one or more of the following:
- pre-erected timber frame structures
- pre-erected concrete structures
- pre-erected steel structures.
- Lay and test new and/or replacement domestic drainage to contractor's working instructions:
- foul drainage (clay and/or plastic pipes)surface water drainage (clay and/or plastic pipes)
- inspection chambers (plastic and/or concrete and/or brick).
- Erect thin joint masonry block structures to cavity wall, solid wall structures to include door and window openings.
- Lay and finish concrete slabs/bases (footing, oversites and paths) including reinforcements and the formation of slab edgings.
- Repair roof areas to include flashing, slate and tiled roofs as well as rainwater items.
- Repair and maintain existing brick and block walling and/or vernacular style structures to match existing style, quality and to include openings.
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Hard-working with the ability to work under pressure
No specific qualifications required
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78236626