Edward Carter Solutions have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer looking to start an initial 6 month contract.
Successful applicants will have the following responsibilities:
The Infrastructure Engineer role is to ensure the stable operation across all various component infrastructure services such as servers (physical and virtual), storage, clients, mobile devices, and the management and configuration of applications and databases.
Suitable candidates will have the following skills and experience:
* Proven experience in delivering and supporting a complex Virtual, Physical and Cloud Server Environment.ie Multi domain 1000+ Seats.
* Demonstrable experience of service design, configuration and management across a broad range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services including server, desktop, messaging, unified comms, identity and access management, content management, load balancing, clustering, software distribution, monitoring, Cloud (Azure & AWS) and Office 365
* In depth experience of providing second and third line support across the range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services.
* In-depth experience in managing environments, server patching and deployment using Microsoft System Center Configuration manager (SCCM)
* In-depth experience in managing Active Directory and Group Policy
* Experience of migrating on premise services to cloud through virtualisation technologies
* Experience with Server performance tuning and monitoring tools ie SCOM.
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of servers and client hardware and associated network equipment
* Good understanding of virtualisation, load balancing, clustering, caching processes.
* Good scripting skills in PowerShell or alternatives.
* Experience in both Microsoft DNS and DHCP design and implementation.
* MCSE Accreditation or number of MCP's.
* Good knowledge of SQL.
* DFSR and DFSN.
* General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
* Knowledge of Cisco IOS.
* Experience in supporting Citrix VDI environments
* Experience of supporting Amazon AWS cloud services
* Good understanding of fundamental IP routing & switching concepts.
* Experience working within an ITIL framework.
Infrastructure Engineers looking to apply for this role should call 01268 444 444 for more information, or email your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79158340