Vale of Glamorgan - Barry
Teaching Assistant Long term position with view to Permanent placement £55 - £70 per day
Due to a staff re-shuffle this large and welcoming Primary school based in The Vale of Glamorgan are looking for a Year 1 teaching assistant who has experience of working with Foundation Pupils and who preferably has some knowledge on Read Write Ink and Big Maths. The successful candidate will be confident when working in a Year 1 Class and would be required to support the class teacher as much as possible with the daily routine within class.
This Vale of Glamorgan based Primary School has a strong management infrastructure allowing both its staff and pupils to feel supported in everything they do. This is a fantastic school to work at and offers a huge range of facilities which allow teachers and support staff to develop their skills and improve lesson quality. The overall working environment at this school is one which should be admired as the staff are all very friendly and welcoming and the head teacher is continually listening to new ideas from staff on how they can improve pupil learning.
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated teaching assistant to join this Primary School and become part of its outstanding team. The teaching assistant position is for 5 days a week and for the right candidate this position could lead to a permanent role within the school.
To become part of the Academic teaching team at this Primary School you will:
* Have experience of working in a classroom setting within the last 2 years
* Experience in Foundation Stage will be beneficial
* Able to provide support to children of varying abilities in an innovative way
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Able to support the learning policies and become an active member of the teaching team
* Able to expand the learning ability for pupils of all levels
As part of the Academics Supply Team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated Primary consultant
* Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as an option of shorter and periodic work
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training
* Opportunity to join our Team-Teach training scheme
To Apply or for more information please contact the Academics team on 02920 100525 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78366503