Workshop Service Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for a Workshop Service Engineer to join the team at Nationwide Platforms. As a Workshop Service Engineer, you will visit a variety of customer sites within the region and carry out maintenance, repairs and services on our machines to a high standard. In this role as a Workshop Service Engineer, you need to have good customer service skills and relevant experience or qualifications within the rental industry. This is a fantastic chance to use your engineering skills in a varied role and join the UK market leader in powered access.
Responsibilities include: -
- Support the Location Service Manager in the effective running of the Depot Workshop within the region
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacture’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use
- Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire/pre-delivery inspection and service sheets.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Relevant experience or qualifications within the powered industry
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics fault finding.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service
In return you will receive:
- A Competitive Salary
- Free Parking
- Health Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Inclusion in the company share scheme
- Pension capped at 5%
- 25 days holiday
If you do not hear within 6 weeks of your application please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.
Its dedicated research and development division, BlueSky Solutions, is also committed to indentifying and solving key issues and challenges faced by the industry as well as developing a range of solutions to improve productivity, increase safety and reduce cost for customers.
The company also ensure the industry is properly trained in the safe use of powered access and in 2016 it retained its position as the world’s largest IPAF provider for the sixth consecutive year after training more than 15,000 delegates. In addition, it trained a further 1,500 delegates on a range of PASMA, IOSH and other Health & Safety courses, making it one of the world’s largest providers of working at height training.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79152941