Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PE backed organisation in South Birmingham to recruit a Group Accountant who will be tasked with the preparation of managements accounts, statutory accounts and support with M&A activity.
The group has grown through acquisitions over the past 12 months and due to progression are looking for an Individual who is excited by the opportunity to deliver change within a fast paced and ever changing environment. This is a great opportunity for an individual who has trained in practice and is now looking to make a a first or second move in Industry. Alternatively you will have worked within an SME environment, supporting with the preparation of management and statutory accounts whilst also partnering with commercial teams to ensure accurate financial insight is provided.
Group Accountant responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including cash flow and working capital management
- Preparation of, and commentary on, monthly management accounts
- Supporting with year-end audit planning and liaising with the auditors
- Consolidating recently acquired businesses into the group
- Maintenance of fixed assets
- Supporting IT, HR and other commercial teams with detailed analysis and advising on any variances against budgets
- Business partnering with the leadership team, providing valued insight and recommendations
- Preparation of statutory accounts
Group Accountant role right for me?
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that is planning to double in size over the next 2- 3 years, offering a recently Qualified Accountant an opportunity to grow with the business whilst also adding exceptional key achievements to their CV.
The business is not for the work shy and will require somebody who is hungry to drive change and eager to progress in their career. The Financial Controller has previously worked in this position and is happy to offer support to anybody stepping into this role to ensure you can hit the ground running as quickly as possible.
Ideally you will have gained experience within a practice and now looking to make a firsts or second move into Industry having Qualified ACA or ACCA. Applicants who have trained in Industry will need to demonstrate that their experience can match the above responsibilities.
Group Accountant Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79135579