Principal Signalling Engineer / Signalling Design Manager
Due to continued growth and impressive contract wins we are looking for a committed and motivated Signalling CRE.
As a Principal Signalling Engineer, you will be part of engineering management/project team, responsible for the delivery of technical submissions across a wide range of signalling related projects, and independently check complex outline and detailed signalling design work from GRIP 2 to GRIP 5. Further duties will include checking and approval of reports & scheme plans, and taking the lead in the resolution of issues, interfaces and integration with other disciplines. As such you will have a thorough understanding of signalling principles backed by technical qualifications and with the ability to demonstrable sufficient experience in the railway environment.
At senior level we are looking for signalling experts who are able to pass on their knowledge and experience to more junior members of the team.
We are looking for motivated self-starters who actively look to develop their own abilities and skills. You will actively work to deliver an excellent and professional service to clients.
- Appropriate membership of IRSE (Institution of Railway Signal Engineers).
- IRSE Engineering Manager (Design) Licence.
- IRSE Principles Licence.
- IRSE Verifier Licence.
- To have held Signalling Verifier and CRE roles and be able to demonstrate the knowledge of design life cycle , assurance and compliance of signalling principles within the design deliverables.
Technical & Professional
- Develops body of knowledge and skills relevant to work and role requirements
- Actively seeks self-development opportunities and contributes to the wider body of knowledge in the business
- Applies body of knowledge and skills to role
- Ensures contribution is in line with business direction and professional excellence
Commercial & Business
- Understands the importance of clients to the business
- Acts to satisfy client and business expectations
- Understands the business environment in which the company operates
- Considers the wider financial and wider commercial implications of his/her actions
Operational & Interpersonal
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Structures and prioritises work effectively
- Identifies core of a problem, generates and implements practical solutions
- Develops strong working relations inside and outside the team to achieve common goals
- Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results
- Understands how his/her role contributes to the business success; actions demonstrate this understanding
- Relevant HNC, HND or degree, Chartered Engineer
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79141906