Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based Design, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing operations. Total production in the UK alone is now over 9 million vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world’s most popular electric vehicle.
Field Quality Assurance is responsible for managing the investigation of technical issues on vehicles which are reported from either the market, from our internal Design and Manufacturing areas or our Alliance partners. FQA generates a clear understanding of the situation, the root cause, the extent of the issue and the effect on our customers. Collecting this type of information, collating and presenting it in the required format, we carefully decide with local / cross-regional management the best way to address the issues in the market to ensure that we protect our customers from potential safety / regulation issue or, in some cases, customer inconvenience items, with a proactive repair.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support investigations with Manufacturing, Design, Renault, Daimler or supplier which may present a potential Safety, Regulation, or Customer Satisfaction issue.
- Support Authority Enquiries & Product Liability investigations with Manufacturing, Design, and Legal teams.
- Lead any potential Recall or Service Campaign issue through the global decision making process and consequently deployment to the affected Nissan markets.
- Support resulting Reoccurrence Prevention Activity for any Campaign issue with the relevant area(s) of Manufacturing, Design or supplier.
- Support Port / Dealer Modification activities with Supply Chain Management and Sales Operations to ensure all vehicles are reworked with minimum impact to the business.
Background & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or technical discipline
- Strong experience in a design engineering and/or test function
- Chassis, Electrical or Engine component design expertise recommended
- Wide knowledge and experience of the aspects of the automotive design and production process (incl. design, manufacturing and supplier related activities)
- Proven track record of concern analysis and problem solving to generate the most effective and efficient corrective action
- Customer orientated approach and able to work autonomously with clear focus on company and departmental objectives
- A high level of self-motivation as well as the ability to motivate others, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to operate cross-functionally at all levels within European / Global organisation
We’re looking for people who want to build a solid career with us. Nissan has invested heavily in the UK with the production of the new X-Trail, Qashqai and LEAF taking place in Sunderland so we are here to stay; and we’re hoping you will join us for the ride. We offer competitive salaries dependent on the experience you bring, and will pay you for any overtime you work over your contracted 39 hours per week.
What’s more, we think you’ll like working with us because of our valued culture. We pride ourselves on being a transparent, cross-cultural and competitive business; we want you to challenge the norm and contribute to improvement whether you’ve been here ten days or ten years, so apply now to join Nissan’s innovative Field Quality Assurance team!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79152952