Nursery Deputy Manager
We are proud to be working with a leading nursery that creates exciting working environments which not only provide outstanding outcomes for the children they care for but also for their employees. They understand that all employees have goals and whether it is career progression or just to be part of a successful team they are here to help you achieve this.
It is important to this organisation that all their nurseries retain their individualism and develop their unique personality, as this is what makes them special. They care about what their employees think.
As Deputy Nursery Manager, you will assist the Nursery Manager with the management of the nursery, leading the team of staff and ensuring the highest standard of care and safety of the children. You will be involved in providing a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
You will be aware of and comply with the EYFS. Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the nursery at all times is essential. In the absence of the Nursery Manager you will assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Nursery with agreed plans and budgets.
As a Deputy Manager, your role will be responsible for the following:
- The overall management of the Nursery, effective leadership of all the staff within the Nursery. The activities, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- The care and education of the children in these rooms as required, exemplifying good practice and being a role model for other staff.
- The safety and welfare of the children in the rooms at all times.
- To assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Nursery with agreed plans and budgets.
- To provide a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
- Through reflective observations, support, monitor and recommend improvements for quality in all working areas.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free uniform
- Free lunch, when eaten with the children
- 25% childcare discount
- Annual salary review
- Company pass for Bristol Zoo
- Pension Scheme
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 3 childcare qualification
- Management qualification/or experience is also desired
- At least 2 years post qualification day nursery experience
- To be able to demonstrate good knowledge of OFSTED Standards, the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Bristol Standard.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call Celine Deglos at BS Social Care on 0117 9221130, email your CV to celine.deglos @ bssocialcare.co.uk or click on Apply Now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79156398