This successful division of a global group of companies has recently received a significant investment from its parent and now boasts state of the art offices and manufacturing facilities. Internal promotion has created a new position for a Financial Controller to manage a team of 4 staff and report to the UK FD and Divisional Controller in Europe. The post offers a high degree of responsibility and the opportunity to join a motivated team going through an exciting period of growth and change.
You will be responsible for the financial control and reporting for two volume manufacturing plants with a combined turnover of circa £30m and blue chip customers world-wide. Duties will include:
- Producing monthly management accounts and reports with detailed analysis and commentary
- Supporting the FD and liaising with SMT on annual budgeting process
- Preparing and updating the 3 year plan with supporting financial forecasts, KPI’s and variance analysis
- Reporting on R&D and projects
- Overhead control and ROI analysis
- Maintain and develop the costing system
- Providing data and ad hoc reporting to support decision making
- Ensuring master data (labour & materials) and inventory calculation is up to date
- Providing commercial support to the quotation process
- Preparation of group reporting packs.
A highly IT literate candidate is required for this role, SAP or ERP experience would be useful along with strong Excel skills. The environment is tightly controlled by complex performance KPI’s which you will play a key part in producing and developing, you should also be confident adapting and improving processes to suit the needs of the business and implementing cost saving initiatives. The ideal person would be a qualified accountant, with commercial acumen and a high level of technical understanding looking for a development role in a stable business, a strong management accounting and manufacturing pedigree would be ideal. Please apply now for immediate consideration for this Financial Controller vacancy in Blackburn. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79135485