Circa £28,000 p.a
Main purpose of the job
To manage an accounts team of 4 and assist in the production of monthly management accounts.
A local, well established and renowned manufacturer, importer and distributer of electronic goods, our client has traditional values along with a modern approach to business. They are looking for a qualified Management Accountant to manage an existing team. This is a full, challenging role and we are looking for candidates who are confident in their ability, outgoing and organised.
Duties and responsibilities
* Management, motivation & development of the finance team, comprising 4 staff responsible for processing a high volume of transactions;
* Cashflow management and forecasting;
* Running month end reports and reconciling to the nominal ledger;
* Controlling container movements and payment thereof;
* Production of quarterly VAT returns, incorporating partial exemption calculations;
* Assisting the Group Finance Manager with the annual budget and statutory accounts;
* Qualified to AAT 4 or equivalent
* Strong management skills, patience & perseverance
* Strong Excel skills (lookups, filters, pivots)
* Experience of Exchequer is preferred, but not essential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 0808 168 1474 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79148829