Software Development Apprentice
Baltic Training and Carrot Computers are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join their expanding team based in Liverpool.
Carrot Computers are well-established within the industry providing an exceptional service to their clients. Their highly skilled team are dedicated to developing mobile applications and web pages that are flexible and efficient. Due to their success they are now keen to meet aspiring developers who can bring fresh ideas to their team.
You won’t be expected to know everything about programming as first class training and support is provided but a passion for software & web development, willingness to learn and an excellent attitude are a must.
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow”. Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Develop code for design, user experience or back end areas of our web software
- Writing code for automated testing
- Debugging arising technical issues
- Write technical documentation regarding changes to software and to support others in how to work on certain projects
- Updates to client servers, ensuring security at all times
- Participate in team meetings and projects
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies ( part 1 & 2)
- BCS Level 3 certificate in Programming (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required
- You have a broad set of skills and are always working to improve and learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Java, CSS or another programming related language would be beneficial
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Preferably 5 GCSE A- C (including Maths, English and IT)
The future is bright
Upon completion of this apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £4.00 per hour
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week) 9.00AM – 5.00PM
Location and travel
This role is located in the Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool, allowing ease of access by public transport from the surrounding areas.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79123398