Team Leader - Business Banking
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role Team Leader.
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage a team of c.10 Business Specialists
- Monitor and progress on-going professional development of our dedicated Business Specialists using Role Development Programme and the Business Banking Academy learning paths/accreditations
- Locally develop strong partnerships with customer groups and product areas, particularly Premier/Retail Banking & Wealth Management, Trade, Payments & Cash management, and Cards
- Use customer insight and to tactically drive a clear understanding of customer needs within team of Business Specialists
- Build relationships with local stakeholders across Commercial Banking and Retail Banking & Wealth Management to mobilise the Business Banking (BB) proposition
- Locally deploy an effective and globally-consistent approach to acquire and retain customers through our products, services, and delivery channels.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000A72F.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79157267