Commercial Finance Manager
Exsurgo are partnering a renowned fashion retailer in Central London. This is a newly created role as Finance Manager for a particular business area. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing business which prides itself on giving finance a true voice in running the key business decisions. You will enjoy a progressive career with this brand as well as an outstanding culture.
To ensure provision of accurate and timely financial and management accounting information on multiple work-streams within a large-scale investment programme. Supporting the programme manager and business lead, this role should help ensure the projects within the programme remain on track and in budget, and that forecasted costs are reported accurately and timely to the FD for month end, forecasting and budgeting cycles, as well as ad hoc reporting and analysis.
The successful individual is likely to have a background in system implementation projects and a personality that can effectively educate the business on the key requirements for good project visibility and control.
- To produce and follow through regarding narrative and insight, the business reporting each month. This includes project spend to date, expected forecast versus approved investment signed off, plus additional narrative on status/timescales/other.
- Carry out month end business unit financial meetings to review spend position. Understanding performance and providing challenge to actual spend and adverse variances.
- To complete month end reviews for each project in the unit with the project managers to ensure all actuals/commitment are captured – ideally thorough correct and accurate PO process, but with manual capital accruals as needed.
- To assist project and programme managers with onwards project forecast in key categories of spend, ensuring both effort (man days) and rate is monitored, so variance to approved budgets are understood in terms of both volume and price.
- Input to the post investment appraisal reporting for the workstream at the relevant stage post go live, feeding into the Senior Finance team the relevant analysis for the relevant forum
- Support the business leads in preparing detailed budgets for each workstream of projects, understanding scope of each project and thus anticipated cost.
- Feed into the MI team any relevant risks or opportunities in their units, to allow a holistic review of the programme at FD level.
- To contribute towards the business planning process, managing the short and long term projections of the project.
- To identify common or recurring themes/issues with regard to spend profiles or accounting processes etc.
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification (fully qualified)
- Experience of accounting for IT and non IT projects across both capex and opex with timesheeting resources
- A high standard of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure; manage a diverse and competing workload and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Commercially aware with the ability to appreciate impact of decisions on the financials
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- PC skills (excel/ word/ powerpoint)
- Flexible and able to work in a changeable, dynamic environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79151864