Indirect Tax Manager
Robert Half are hiring for an Indirect Tax Manager for a leading multinational pharmaceutical business based in Wiltshire, commutable from Chippenham, Bath, Bristol and Swindon. This is a full-time permanent position that offers flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
Reporting into the Group Tax Manager and managing a small team of VAT Technicians, the Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for the VAT and Indirect Tax affairs of the group across UK, Europe and America.
The role is varied and will included oversight and review of VAT and Indirect Tax compliance and reporting, responsibility for indirect tax advisory and planning work (with then use of external advisers), development of high-quality indirect tax procedures and controls, supporting a migration to a new ERP from an indirect tax perspective, supporting the integration of new acquisitions, and improving the visibility and relations between the tax team and the wider business.
- Management of reparation and submission of VAT returns for all companies/regions
- Management of preparation and submission of ECSL, Intrastat dispatches and arrivals reports and VIES declarations
- Dealing with all queries relating to VAT payments
- Corresponding with HMRC and other international tax authorities
- Main point of contact with external advisors, fiscal representatives, and agents on indirect taxes matters
- Advise and provide operational guidance on indirect tax implications for new/amended business activity, product developments/services/operations, liaising closely with various teams across the business, ensuring indirect tax risk is managed appropriately.
- Review commercial contracts to ascertain opportunities and ensure compliance, considering tax clauses and risks.
- Act as a key member of the Group Finance team, assisting with projects and providing indirect tax input into projects as required
- Monitor new legislation, case law and tax policy developments, documenting clear positions and delivering clear analysis and recommendations
- Review and test Indirect Tax reporting processes and systems and recommend best practice, overseeing any improvements and controls implementation
- Train the business and implement policies and procedures to support compliance with legal obligations and mitigation of indirect tax risks
The company are looking to hire an experienced VAT or Indirect Tax professional, ideally someone with multi-jurisdictional experience.
It would be beneficial to hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA / ICAS / ACCA) or tax qualification (CTA / IIT), though you may also be qualified by experience.
This experience could have been gained either from working in an in-house tax team of a multinational business, or from working in a mid-to-large size practice.
The client is a highly-reputed international pharmaceutical business who continuing to grow and be acquisitive, and who are recognized as one of the premier employers in the local area.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 plus bonus, share options, 10% pension contributions, non-contributory family healthcare and flexible working hours, including the ability to work from home.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79154704