Junior Product Developer
Our client is a luxury Brand and Retailer. They currently seek a Technical Designer to assist with all technical aspects of garments from the development and sampling stage through to production.
Junior Product Developer - The Role:
- To translate design sketches into workable technical construction notes and diagrams through communication with Designers, Factories and Pattern Cutters.
- To work with factories to produce prototypes made to Designer pattern and factory requirements and to chase in these prototypes to an agreed timetable.
- To research yarns for the prototypes/production.
- To complete and provide trim information on all styles, each season for sampling and production purposes within the deadline requirements.
- To attend prototype and sample fitting sessions with the Designers and technical colleagues, making accurate notes relating to garment construction and fit.
- To alter and update technical construction details as required and provide an accurate record on each style for both grading and company ‘history’ information within the deadline set.
- To check and comment on sample garments when they return from factories.
- To improve upon specific technical problems where found and to inform production of these improvements.
- To liaise with factories and the pattern room
- Complete support and continual contact with factories should be maintained throughout the production season. Quality checks must be implemented when required and maintained, reporting back to both the Production Managers and your Technical Design Managers
- To be aware of specific factory equipment, machines and restrictions.
- To assist with sample preparation as needed – pressing, re-buttoning, washing etc. prior to sample dispatch
Junior Product Developer - The Candidate:
- A degree in Fashion
- 2-3 years industry experience
- Experience of tailoring or outerwear would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent CAD Skills
- Highly motivated
- In depth knowledge of the design process
Junior Product Developer - The Package:
- This will be dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79138140