My Client is a leader in the design and manufacture of specialist measurement control systems used within the process industry. They are at the forefront of their technology and work across several sectors such as Pharma, chemical, gas, food & drink, mining and nuclear industries.
They, they are working exclusively with 360 Resourcing Solutions to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the company on a part time basis.
Working as a design engineer within the business, you will be responsible for the design of sensor technology used within their products. These sensors are used to measure a variety of information (eg heat/pressure/density etc), so some understanding or experience of sensors and/or instrumentation design (mixing/flow etc) or similar is needed to be successful in the role.
Ideally my client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, proficient in CAD Design (SolidWorks, preferred but not essential) . Your role will be to complete the design of sensors bespoke to a clients requirement, and to liase with manufacturers/suppliers to source bought in components needed for the design at best quality and price. This could involve working on a new sensor design project or by the re design of a previously designed sensor to bespoke it to a clients requirement from the design library inhouse..
You will also be involved in the test of theses products and will liase with both the client and colleagues within applications and manufacture to advise on realistic design solutions to ensure the designed sensor meets with the clients expectations.
- Design of sensors within 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred but not essential)
- Design of dimensions, and materials selection
- Manage suppliers to sourec bought in components at best quality and price
- Liase with colleagues in applications/manufacture to oversea the design project
- Advise the customer on design possibilities and limitations
- Creation of Bill of Materials
- Update and addition to the design library
- Minimum HND qualified within mechanical electronic or electrical engineering or similar
- 2D/3D CAD design experience (Solidworks preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of sensor Technology- essential
- Experience/knowledge of process instrumentation (mixing/flow etc) - preferred
- Confident working with clients and counterparts
In return my client can offer a great deal of flexibility on hours worked on this role. Whether you require 3 days full time, or 5 shorter days to fit in with school hours etc or the option to work on a more flexible basis. they are happy to work with the successful candidate to agree a work schedule suitable for both parties.
Salary offered is between £28,000 - £35,000 (pro rata to hours agreed) dependent on experience, qualification and industry knowledge. They also offer a contributory pension scheme and benefits.