Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Sponsored Reserve) - RAF Northolt
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Royal Air Force (RAF) Station Northolt is located 15 miles west of the city of London, in the Borough of Hillingdon. RAF Northolt is London`s military airfield and provides transiting facilities for a wide range of passengers. RAF Northolt is also a well-established centre for business aviation; handling over 7000 movements per year from a wide variety of commercial aviation providers.
Serco currently has a vacancy for an Aircraft Mechanical Technicians Tech 2 to work primarily within the Aircraft Maintenance Section (AMS) at RAF Northolt (HA4 6NG). The role involves the undertaking and supervision of Depth (Base) maintenance tasks on BAe146 in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority’s MRP145 Regulations and will be required to be work on a 4 on/4 off shift basis.
- Flight Servicing and maintenance/repair tasks on Aircraft and Mechanical Systems.
- Working within competencies and company authorisations as agreed with engineering management.
- Completion of supporting aircraft documentation in accordance with RAF aviation engineering procedures.
- Compliance with ALL Health & Safety, Tool Control and COSSH procedures.
- Planning, Supervision and Control of maintenance tasks
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Recognised level of Aeronautical/Mechanical engineering training (Essential).
- Demonstrable practical experience in the maintenance of aircraft (Essential).
- Previous experience of working within the MRP145 or Military environment (Desirable).
- Type qualification/experience BAe146 aircraft (Highly Desirable).
- The ability to hold/pass UK SC level security vetting (Essential).
- Full UK driving Licence (Desirable).
- Flexible/adaptable work ethos working 4 on/4 off shift pattern (Essential).
- Proven Experience or ability to meet the responsibilities of 2nd Signatures as defined by MAP 01 Chapter 4.3.2(Essential)
The positions are linked to RAF Sponsored Reserve service and in addition to engineering duties; personnel will be expected to discharge the duties of a RAF serviceman/woman including overseas deployments.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79098861