Regional Engineering Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for a Regional Engineering Manager to manage the engineering activity and performance of the Location Service Managers, and Workshop/Mobile based colleagues throughout the South West region. As the Regional Engineering Manager your responsibilities include adherence to all internal quality systems and health and safety policies, cost control, customer service standards and other engineering aspects of the hub and or satellite depots whilst demonstrating strong leadership and organisational skills.
We are looking for someone with previous engineering management experience ideally within plant hire or similar, someone experienced with health and safety, excellent people management and communication skills as well as a passion for delivering great customer service.
This is a regional role and therefore requires travel within the South West region.
• Ensure that company Technical Bulletins and manufacturer’s recalls are closed out in line with company deadlines. Ensure suitable risk assessments are conducted and safe systems of work are applied to all activities carried out within the region
• Maintain high level of equipment availability, reliability and fleet appearance
• Line management responsibility of Location Service Managers
• To set and manage location budgets within agreed targets
• Ensure all engineering, maintenance and business related initiatives are carried out to appropriate standard and within acceptable timescales within the region
• Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required in the workforce through demonstrating best practice and commitment to company values
• Ensure effective implementation and compliance of all company policies and procedures, including legislative requirements, within the region
• Set KPI’s and provide accurate and timely KPI reporting on performance of all locations within the region
• Provide Technical /Engineering support where required including customer visits
• Conduct monthly workshop reviews with the Location Service Managers and Workshop schedulers
• Ensure Apprentice Service Engineers are receiving a structured programme of experience and training and are achieving their qualifications on target
• Within the region ensure that adequate resource planning is in place to cover periods of staff absence
• Take shared responsibility of the operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, financial performance and Health and Safety of all locations in the region as part of the management team.
• Be an ambassador for Health and Safety and to ensure compliance for quality, health and safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Passionate about customer service and health and safety standards within the organisation
• Strong organisational, time management and good commercial awareness
• Credible communicator, demonstrable leadership skills and ability to influence and negotiate effectively with customers, team and multiple functions within the organisation
• Previous experience of engineering management within a plant hire environment at a senior level
• Must be organised and self motivated to ensure targets are achieved
• Good upward and downward communication skills
• Current powered access equipment knowledge preferred
• Formally trained in an engineering discipline, and qualified to C&G 390, NVQ level 3, or equivalent
In return you will receive:
• A Competitive Salary
• Company Car or Cash Allowance
• Bupa Healthcare
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Contributory pension capped at 7%
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Lavendon lifestyle benefits
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges. Its dedicated research and development division, BlueSky Solutions, is also committed to identifying and solving key issues and challenges faced by the industry as well as developing a range of solutions to improve productivity, increase safety and reduce cost for customers. The company also ensure the industry is properly trained in the safe use of powered access and in 2016 it retained its position as the world’s largest IPAF provider for the sixth consecutive year after training more than 15,000 delegates. In addition, it trained a further 1,500 delegates on a range of PASMA, IOSH and other Health & Safety courses, making it one of the world’s largest providers of working at height training.
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team on 01455 206808 or . If you do not hear within 6 weeks of your application please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79098868