Assistant Management Accountant
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our IKEA contract. The ideal candidate will provide a professional service covering all aspects of transactional finance duties as well as preparing data for financial reports.
- Day to day financial control for the closed book network
- Ensure Wincanton weekly and period reporting is on time and accurate
- Responsible for one member of staff
- Work alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budgets/forecasts
- Supporting the Accountant in the production of weekly forecasts
- Collation of weekly KPI’s for Warehouse and Transport Operations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Customer focused with drive to achieve
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience
- Ability to build relationships with other departments within the Home Delivery network
- Be working towards a recognised accounting qualification
- Thorough and robust ledger knowledge
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Part qualified ACCA / CIMA (Or equivalent) or qualified through experience
It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79131276