Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect -- MS Amlin - Insurance
Who Are We?
We're a global specialty insurer and reinsurer with over a hundred years' experience in the insurance markets. Our strong foundations and superior financial strength show that we are here for the long-term.
Our track record is built on a proven strategy; encouraging our teams to apply Amlin's successful underwriting formula, incorporating a dynamic approach to risk, all the while developing a geographically diverse global portfolio.
We're also passionate about supporting our professionals with everything they need to deliver a highly focused service to our clients. This includes empowered decision-making, outstanding technical expertise and significant capacity, combined with a strong brand and enviable reputation.
There are compelling reasons for our brokers and clients to work with us; the empowerment and skill of our people, our well capitalised operating platforms, the strength of our ratings, and the locations where we operate to name but a few. The value we add is also reflected in the many industry awards Amlin has received.
We underwrite more than 30 classes of business through three underwriting platforms: Syndicate 2001 at Lloyd's, Amlin AG, Switzerland and Amlin Europe, The Netherlands. Our underwriting teams will help assess where risks can be most effectively placed.
The Role - What Is the Background
- This role will sit within the CTO team and will be responsible for writing standards and reviewing documents ensuring there is essentially a 'what good looks like' architecture framework in place across infrastructure within the organisation.
- The role will involve working with the infrastructure team and broader business stakeholders in defining and implementing the long term infrastructure strategy.
- There are a number of major infrastructure projects / programmes being undertaken within the company presently and this role will be engaged when discussing how to offer solutions before handing off to project delivery.
- Whilst this is an enterprise and strategy focused role at times the position will be expected to still undertake high level design.
What Experience are you going to need for this role?
- Experience of working as an Enterprise Infrastructure Architect, truly at the strategic level for a range of clients and in different environments having seen 'the good and the bad'. A consultancy background would be advantageous.
- Ideally financial services background specifically insurance would be advantageous. However other regulated industry backgrounds will be considered.
- Experience of coming from a technical expert position withint he infrastructure space before moving into an architectural role.
- Any experience of acting within an enterprise role with a focus on cloud migration projects / programmes would be highly advantageous.
It's an exciting time at MS Amlin with a lot of large scale projects / programmes kicking off as the organisation undergoes transformational change and this role will play a key role in shaping change from a strategic architectural perspective.
If you have the required skills and experience please send your CV and suitable applicants will be contacted accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79149316