Product Development & QA Engineer - Timber Manufacturing
Are you an Engineer with experience in joinery or fenestration, who is passionate about ensuring product excellence and continually exceeding the expectations of customers?
Do you take a pro-active approach to promoting best practice and LEAN techniques internally and within the supplier base?
Are you well-versed in modern manufacturing techniques, quality systems and processes and working in a safety-focused industry?
Do you want to join a company who are part of an industry-leading group, but still offer a close-knit & collaborative working environment, filled with like-minded people who care about what they do and the quality of the products they produce?
If so, the role of Product Development and QA Engineer could provide you with both a fantastic platform for career development, as well as job satisfaction and a clear sense of reward.
You will form an integral part of the Sales & Operations function in the achievement of key objectives, ensuring the development of new products, modernisation of current products and improvements in 'Fit for Manufacturing' processes, to allow the business to operate more effectively, efficiently & economically.
With a background in Joinery and / or product development, you will possess the ability to focus clearly on the objective of safely future-proofing the business with new products to market and improved quality and performance, whilst identifying needs to create and improve existing processes as required, making recommendations and implementing change.
As a champion for LEAN manufacture & positive change, you will be an excellent communicator with impressive team working skills, as well as a desire to challenge the norm to ensure future success and growth of the business.
You will function as a Subject Matter Expert for:
- Design Assurance
- Quality Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Risk Management
- Supplier Qualification
- Testing & Certification
You will manage projects, perform route cause analysis and effectively employ problem-solving techniques to implement corrective actions.
Attributes & Experience sought:
- Professional qualification related to engineering, joinery or manufacturing.
- Experience in the timber manufacturing industry
- An understanding of quality systems and processes
- Well versed in both modern and traditional manufacturing techniques
- Experience of bespoke product development & manufacture
- Understanding of test method development, validation & certification
- High levels of accountability and problem-solving skills
- Clear customer focus
- Ability to analyse processes & date in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible, innovative & hands-on approach
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79102362