Working for one of the most modern and forward thinking companies in recent times, in a truly excellent environment as a Tax Manager you will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility of the Tax Manager will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Directors in both client work and in the management of the group. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters
- Must provide overall support to directors on client matters and assist directors in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Director/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Communication and representation:
- Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
- Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
- To work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
The successful Tax Manager candidate will have experience in:
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Rekroot (UK) ltd is a specialist recruitment business operating in the Professional Practice Accounting sector and we cannot consider applicants without previous and recent experience of such. Please contact me to discuss the full range of roles available with accountancy firms in your area. I am interested in speaking with you if you have previous experience within Professional Practice. I wish you the best in your job search and on–going career and look forward to speaking with you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79124287