Are you an experienced Developer looking for a new role in a dynamic and growing organisation? Then this could be the role for you! We are looking for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual to join our growing IT Team as a Developer, based in Blackburn at our head office. GAP are a manufacturer of PVC-U products, with 112 depots UK wide, and the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and SIG Windows, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the company's Bespoke Software solutions. Delivering IT projects on time and engaging with other departments to ensure that this happens is a key part of the role as well as assisting your colleagues with knowledge transfer regarding application that you have developed and providing day to day IT support for the GAP Group.
Experience and skills;
- Strong OO design knowledge.
- Good knowledge of test driven development and continuous integration.
- 2 years+ professional experience with the following HTML5, MVC, Angular, EF.
- Integration of web APIs - REST/JSON/XML.
- Strong knowledge and experience with various DBMS.
- Proven work experience in an agile environment (Scrum).
- Strong knowledge of version control and task tracking systems.
- 5+ years commercial experience.
- Team player.
- Comfortable with collective code ownership and pair programming.
- Creative problem solver and able to think out-side the box.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- SSRS / Crystal Reports Experience are desirable but not essential.
Duties of the role to include (but not limited to);
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our front and backend systems.
- Work closely with global stakeholders and peers
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist in the definition of acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of our Agile Methodologies
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Participate in knowledge sharing and pair programing
- Ensure that work carried out maintains data security and integrity.
- Assist in the day to day support when required.
- Suggest and implement new changes based on working practices in the rest of the business.
In return of your commitment and dedication, GAP will provide you with a competitive salary plus; 33 days holiday per annum including bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme after completing your three month probationary period (if eligible) and a family feel environment which we believe is the heart of our success.
If you feel that GAP could be the right place for you, please send your CV in application!
GAP is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79137630