We are urgently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for our client based in Halesowen.
- Lead specification of new tooling, plant and equipment
- Lead process standardisation and development of lessons learnt to ensure right first time tool and process implementation
- Procure tooling to manufacture stable & repeatable components
- Work to build strong partnerships with selected key suppliers
- Work to build strong partnerships with our customers
- Work with design to drive design for manufacture
- Implement poke yoke to eliminate concerns before they arise
- Support and Lead A3 Process Improvement activities
- Own the APQP process to manage new product introduction in an effective timely manner within assigned budgets
- Lead manufacturing strategy reviews
- Lead team feasibility reviews
- Capacity analysis reviews
- Significant and critical characteristic reviews
- Capital Equipment Justifications
- Generating and updating process flow charts
- Lead team in creation of PFMEA’s
- Production tool run off
- Generation of manufacturing instructions, standard op’s, process instructions etc.
- Support lean engineers in creation of Line layouts
- Lead PPAP builds
- Inter discipline coordination and overall quality control of work
- Liaison between project manager and technical disciplines
- Schedule preparation, pre planning and resource forecasting
- Vendor performance management
- Managing teams.
- To lead process advancements and to seek and implement new and best practice technologies
- Actively work to achieve jointly agreed targets that are aligned to departmental and company strategic goals. To ensure Hoshin Kanri deployment.
- Any other duties identified to support the needs of the business
- HNC in an Engineering discipline Will have a undergone a four year apprenticeship with a following 3 years as a project engineering role or Seven years’ experience in an engineer’s role, with 3 of these years as a project engineer.
- 3 years’ experience within an 1st or 2nd Tier automotive components supplier with TS16949 quality management system is essential
- Experience in tubular assemblies / components as well as in depth knowledge of the associated processes – CNC Tube bending, Tube End Forming, Robotic Welding, Robotic Pick & Place. Welding (MIG / TIG / Projection / Spot), Leak Decay Testing, Brazing, Presswork, Assembly, Bespoke Processes is preferred
- Experience of these processes with a broad range of materials Steel, Stainless & Aluminium is also preferred
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing processes and tools is advantageous.
Salary will be £40,000 per annum.
Hours of work will be:-
- Mon – Fri: 7.30am – 4.30pm
- Candidates must be flexible towards working outside of these hours
To apply for the position of Project Engineer, please call Owen Payne Recruitment on 0121 500 6132 and ask for Mikey. Alternatively, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79107022