Experimental Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Measurement Engineer to work on a wide range of Test Facility Measurement, Control and Configuration systems across the Civil Aerospace business sector. For this role, you would be based in Derby, but must have the flexibility to support the Civil Aerospace global business model, and the requirements for short-term assignments around the globe.
The Design Team provides a key function within Experimental Engineering and covers a wide range of systems and disciplines. The team is the technical authority for Test Facility Data Acquisition, Control and Data Handling Systems on Civil Aerospace owned test facilities. It is also responsible for supporting the acquisition of similar capability to support Civil Engine Tests at agreed offsite facilities.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Design of new measurement and control systems.
- Application and adaption of existing systems for specialist measurements.
- Requirements capture and analysis and preparation of system specifications.
- Design and specification of business and configuration systems.
- Design monitor and acceptance of third party supplied systems.
- Provision of design support and IT solutions to Test Facilities and engine projects.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A strong background in measurement, control and data systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of requirements analysis, system architecture design.
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Software engineering.
- Measurement hardware and system design knowledge.
- Design and configuration of PLC systems.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79136215