IT Support Technician - No Experience Necessary
As an entry level IT technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide data centre, desktop support and server and networking support for UK businesses. This will involve working closely with the US and European IT teams and will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment including desktops, servers, and networking devices.
You will initially start as a trainee system operator in the UK data centre, working evening, night and day shifts on rotation. This is an entry level position which offers the opportunity to train in data centre systems and procedures, followed by desktop support, server management and networking.
- Ensuring that back-ups of all critical system data are taken and securely stored
- Monitoring/supervising network infrastructure; data servers and routers
- Carrying out audits on hardware and software installed in the Birmingham facility
- Providing out of hours PC support
- Conducting building checks to ensure that all PCs are turned off
- Monitoring site security via CCTV
- Patch cabling, as directed
- An understanding of IT hardware and Windows operating software is an advantage, but not essential
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adhere to company procedures and deadlines
- Motivated to learn and pursue a career in IT
- The ability to work both alone and in a team
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to life and move heavy equipment such as servers, data centre racks and tables
Our client is a leader in high quality software solutions and IT services around the world and we are looking for a person with the potential to grow and continue our legacy of over 100 years of outstanding products and services at our Birmingham office.
The company is very interested to hear from candidates with a real desire to work within the IT industry, who can learn new skills quickly and who possess strong communication skills and a sound work ethic. The company offers excellent benefits and career progression.