IT Support Apprentice
Do you want to work for one of the UK's longest established, award winning, digital book and journal printers? Baltic Training Services and Print on Demand Worldwide are excited to be recruiting for a IT Technician/Development to join their team in Peterborough.
Words when printed can take on a life of their own, and so will your career as a IT Technician with Print on Demand. Their seamless mix of traditional family values and the latest innovations in high tech, web fed digital printing technologies makes this company a truly unique place to start your career.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Respond to support calls for any IT and system related problems experienced by colleagues and customers.Carry out bug fixes and enhancements to the web and internal systems.To become skilled in the use of the programs used by the company in developing systems.Write and publish 'help articles' for the systems ensuring that targets are achieved.Develop an understanding for virtualisation to help maintain internal servers.To understand our network infrastructure, set up new phones, computers and internet access.
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Infrastructure Technician - Microsoft.
- Level 3 Diploma in Infrastructure Technician - Microsoft
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Systems and Principles.
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of IT hardware.
- Good analysis and reporting skills.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £160 per week
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located in Orton Southgate, Peterborough. The office is close to several local bus routes and just 10 minutes' drive from central Peterborough.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79123223