Development Engineer/Electrical Engineer
Our client is a design and production engineering company in Fife who are currently recruiting a DevelopmentEngineer/Electrical Engineer to join their small team.
The main responsibilities and duties are as required:
- To work in conjunction with Design Team and customer from inception through to delivery of end solution.
- This will include planning, CAD working with the engineering team and working directly on the machines.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to source the best components or technology.
- Responsible for ensuring solutions are driven and fully implemented.
- Design and develop machine control systems (PLC, Motor Control).
- Commissioning and service of the machines.
- Opportunities to attend trade shows
- Occasional overseas travel to attend exhibitions or to meet customers
- Supporting the company with occasional maintenance work as required.
- To ensure company adheres to the design requirements outlined in their ISO 9001 procedures manual
You should hold a recognised qualification within Electrical Engineering and /or Mechatronics
Ideally you will have experience designing and wiring control circuits for special purpose machinery as well as working with single and 3 phase supplies within manufacturing/industrial sector
Experience with PLCs, stepper motors and pneumatics would be advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79078912