Shift Engineer - Electrical Bias
Job Title: Shift Engineer - Electrical Bias
Salary:£35,000 plus meal allowance of £1,345 and annual performance bonus of up to £2,000.
Located in the centre of Knightsbridge this exclusive private apartment complex is now seeking talented individuals to join their well established and solid Engineering Team.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Technical Services Manager and within the limits of the company's policies and procedures and Engineering standard manual, maintains and operates all the plant, machinery, fixtures, fittings & building fabrics within the building to achieve optimum Resident comfort whilst maintaining costs to a minimum.
- To participate within a shift pattern designed to provide a 24 hour, 7 day week engineering presence within the premises.
- To manage shift rota and maintain effective cover.
- To assist the Technical Services Supervisors with special projects and tasks given to them by the Technical Services Manager
- To monitor and follow up on all statutory requirements for the building, ensuring all certificates are up to date and kept in an orderly manner within the department.
- To be the senior engineer on site reporting to the Duty Manager when the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisors are absent and take responsibility for the effective repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment.
- To maintain and operate the building plant & systems (boilers, pumps, chillers, air handling units & garage plant) within the established guidelines.
- To interrogate the Building Management System (BMS) for alarm conditions and respond accordingly.
- To inspect all plant regularly throughout the shift and to accurately complete the engineering logs and worksheets for record purposes and in order to brief the incoming engineering team of any known faults or problems.
- In the event of a repair/s being beyond the individual capability & expertise to ensure:
The Technical Services Manager or Technical Services Supervisor is aware.That any un-repaired fault likely to cause an accident is isolated and that such equipment is left in a complete safe condition with the appropriate warning notices attached.
- To ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements.
- To carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised. To ensure that the sprinkler system & Emergency Generator is operating if required. Isolate systems as required by duty manager, or London Fire Brigade. To undergo any training deemed necessary.
- To assist other personnel in emergencies and in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisor according to the needs of the department.
- To interact and co-operate with residents, outside contractors, department heads and duty manager.
- To ensure that all Engineering areas are kept to the highest possible standard.
- To use the appropriate safety clothing / equipment (PPE) and follow all maintenance instructions laid down by the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisors
- Time served electrician with a maintenance background.
- Experienced fault finding skills in mains - power distribution circuits, control boards, lighting circuits faults etc.
- Good team member with excellent communications skills with all levels of the workforce.
- Mechanical Knowledge and L8 Awareness.
- The ability to work within a customer focused environment where brand image is very important.
- Sound knowledge of understanding and developing safety documentation to ensure site safety procedures are followed at all times.
- IPAF Certificated.
- Leading the team during electrical fault finding.
- Communication skills.
- Proficient in use of IT software - Microsoft word / Excel etc.
- C & G 7671 Requirements' for electrical installations - 17th Edition.
- C & G 2391 Inspection & Testing (advantageous).
- AP12 LV Approved (advantageous).
- Mechanical Qualifications (advantageous).
- Health & safety awareness.
- COSHH Awareness.
- First Aid.
- Legionella Awareness.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role
Candidates with experience of; Electrical Engineer, Facilities Management, Design Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Engineering Maintenance, Engineering Installations, Mechanical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Plant Fitter, Bench Fitter, Welder Fabricator, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Support Technician will be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79138044