Upside Energy is looking for an experienced Security Analyst to join us in our mission to transform the energy system by making it easier to integrate renewable generation onto the grid.
Our cloud platform uses advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence to create our Virtual Energy Store™ by coordinating the energy stored in hundreds of thousands of devices owned by businesses and households across the UK. Developing this platform, with a focus on security, scalability and resilience while allowing us to run a novel and constantly evolving suite of algorithms, is core to Upside.
At the heart of our strategy is a stack of cloud-native applications built on Java Spring, AWS, Docker, Prometheus, Angular, and Kubernetes complemented by modelling and algorithm development environments in Python, R and Octave. We see cyber security as part of our strategy and the ability to identify the threats, vulnerabilities and risks the organisation faces, and to forecast the impact and likelihood of such risks materialising is key to that.
You will be joining a team that is innovative and security-focused, with a culture that fosters collaboration, fluidity and the application of fresh and original thinking to the creation of a new energy system. Ideally, you have experience in information and cyber security with a drive to continually develop a knowledge base of arising security threats and associated measures — but more than any specific experience, the most important criteria for success will be your talent, energy and passion to help build and shape the future within a collaborative, agile, community-based environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience in information and cyber security
- Proven experience of implementing appropriate security concepts across the software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding and experience of implementing ISO 27000
- Understanding of security infrastructure component such as firewalls, intruder detection etc.
- Understanding of cloud security concepts with experience of AWS a significant advantage
- Knowledge of smart grid security design would be highly advantageous
- Experience of IoT security would be desirable
- Ability to travel occasionally to work with partners, customers and colleagues in other offices
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
- BS, MS, or PhD computer information systems, programming, engineering or a related field
- Relevant Industry qualifications e.g. CISSP would be an advantage
Upside Energy is an award-winning UK startup. The energy system is going through dramatic change, and we are positioning Upside to be at the heart of enabling this transformation. We have ambitious plans for growing Upside with expansion into Europe and ultimately, globally.
We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every team member. We are fortunate to have an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, making Upside a great place to work.
Upside Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79098338